Installers for Rainwater Harvesting
Installers of Rainwater Harvesting Systems
As with any important installation, finding the right company to supply and put in your rainwater harvesting system is half the job. To help you find someone in your state, the Renewable Hub has developed a comprehensive database of manufacturers, suppliers and installers in your area so that you get a one stop shop to find the right people.
You can search our rainwater harvesting system installers list here.
How to Find the Right Installer for your Rainwater Harvesting System
There are number of steps you can take to make sure that you get the right installer for what you have in mind.
- We always advise that you do your research first. It helps, after all, to know what you are talking about when it comes to rainwater harvesting. You can find all the pros and cons of this technology on our site.
- Decide on the suitability of your site. Whether it’s for your home or a commercial premises, there’s no point in squeezing a round peg into a square hole. You need to make a valued decision over whether your property is suitable for rainwater harvesting.
- What type and size of rainwater harvesting system are you going to install? Above and below ground, pump fed and gravity fed, there are a number of different types you can choose from.
- What is your budget for the installation? Opting for a large rainwater harvesting system can be quite expensive and you have to take into account the cost of installation as well.
Searching for a Rainwater Harvesting System Installer
Now that you have done all the preparation for installing a rainwater harvesting system and have all the boxes ticked, it’s time to find a company in your area who can carry out the work. You can do this by searching our database of suppliers, manufacturers and installers in your area.
What to Look for in a Rainwater Harvesting System Installer
There are a number of important questions that you might want to ask any company that is going to undertake the installation on your premises:
- How long have they been in business?
- Have they got previous customers they have dealt with and contact details so you can check on their experience?
- Do they have cover such as liability insurance?
- Are they attached to any trade associations?
A reputable installer of rainwater harvesting systems will be concerned that you are getting the right product for your needs – which means they will be interested in your water usage and the suitability of your premises that includes whether your roof has enough catchment for your needs. They will have a good knowledge of the industry and be happy to answer all your questions.
Rainwater Harvesting for Commercial Premises
Larger scale rainwater harvesting solutions will require a more tailored approach from your supplier. It may involve a number of tanks strategically placed around your complex and will take a good deal more planning than a simple domestic array. Find out more about large scale rainwater harvesting here.
Avoiding Rogue Salesmen
If you are having a top of the range rainwater harvesting system installed you may get a visit from a salesman who will undertake the initial survey and recommend their product. As with any business, some are good and have your best interests at heart, others are not so reputable. There are several things that should get alarm bells ringing:
- If a sales rep has difficulty answering all your questions, then it is possibly best to find another quote and give this one a miss.
- If they start offering you limited reductions if you sign on the dotted line there and then, or outstay there welcome trying to get you to commit, then give this particular company a wide berth.
A reputable installer will be able to answer all your questions, will provide you with a quote and breakdown of the work that is going to be done, and they will give you a period of time to consider what they are offering, without any pressure tactics.
You can search our database of installers in your area with ratings and comments on their performance, as well as all the services they offer, or compare rainwater harvesting prices using the tool below:.